Develop skills to use remote sensing for land cover classification, estimating evapotranspiration, water productivity, irrigation performance assessment & irrigation water accounting.
Who should attend
Engineers and technicians and academics involved in irrigation system management in various government and non-government organizations.
|RSA001||2 Oct 2023 - 6 Oct 2023||5 days||Nairobi, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||6 Nov 2023 - 10 Nov 2023||5 days||Nairobi, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||4 Dec 2023 - 8 Dec 2023||5 days||Nairobi, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||2 Oct 2023 - 6 Oct 2023||5 days||Kigali, Rwanda||USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||16 Oct 2023 - 20 Oct 2023||5 days||Mombasa, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||20 Nov 2023 - 24 Nov 2023||5 days||Mombasa, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||18 Dec 2023 - 22 Dec 2023||5 days||Mombasa, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||9 Oct 2023 - 13 Oct 2023||5 days||Nakuru, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||13 Nov 2023 - 17 Nov 2023||5 days||Nakuru, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||11 Dec 2023 - 15 Dec 2023||5 days||Nakuru, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||23 Oct 2023 - 27 Oct 2023||5 days||Kisumu, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||27 Nov 2023 - 1 Dec 2023||5 days||Kisumu, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|RSA001||18 Dec 2023 - 22 Dec 2023||5 days||Kisumu, Kenya||KES 75,000 | USD 1,100||Register|
|No schedules added|
Objectives of the course
1. Introduction to Earth observation and remote sensing techniques Basics of RS and spatial big data; introduction to common RS data portal; earth observation satellites; typical application of RS and existing products; hands-on exercises on need analysis and acquiring of relevant data.
2. Remote Sensing data analysis Overview of RS data processing flow; satellite data pre-processing; mapping and visualizing spatial data; image analysis; hands-on exercise on deriving vegetation indices, zonal statistics using open source software and libraries.
3. Remote sensing and big data for mapping crop types Classification algorithms; machine learning approaches in crop classification from bigdata; ground truthing methods; accuracy assessment; hands-on exercises on crop type classification using open source libraries and cloud based Google Earth Engine (GEE)
4. Remote sensing for Evapotransipration, yield and WP assessment (SEBAL) Theory of SEBAL, Introduction to pySEBAL model, hands-on exercise on running pySEBAL to estimate ET, biomass, and WP. The skills acquired will be applied to the case study/assignment in progress during the class.
5. Remote sensing for irrigation water accounting and performance assessment Assessment of the irrigation performance using remote sensing based indicators for productivity, adequacy, reliability, and equity; interpreting results to identify gaps, diagnose water management problems, and attribute to relevant factors for improvements; perform irrigation scheme level water accounting
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Indepth Research Institute (IRES) certificate certified by the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA).
The training will be held at IRES Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
ACCOMMODATION AND AIRPORT PICKUP
Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817/+250789621067
This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our IRES Training Centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817/+250789621067.
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before start of the course
|No documents uploaded|