Around the World
They have faith in us
Have your say
Who's onlineWe have 33 guests online
Still countingContent View Hits : 221187
Data Analysis and Management
- Data Management and Analysis for Result-Driven Monitoring, Evaluation and Implementation
- 19.08.2013 - 30.08.2013
- Sportsview Hotel Kasarani - Nairobi
- Data Management and Analysis
This course will equip participants from development programmes with the tools and knowledge to manage, analyze and interpret Monitoring and Evaluation data at the program and organization wide levels.
Participants will gain a better understanding on data processing, analysis & interpretation and its role in effective monitoring and evaluation as well as the ability to make it happen and also learn how to ensure the organization and its stakeholders develops on the results of its Monitoring and Evaluation system.
FOR WHOM IS THE TRAINING RELEVANT
Those responsible for project-level Monitoring and Evaluation, Senior managers, Project leaders, researchers in programmes working in sectors such as agriculture; climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene.
The training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic Statistics and M&E.
The class size is limited to 10 participants to ensure that each participants has the opportunity to interact with the facilitator. The training may be cancelled if there are less than five participants.
Key concepts and Principles
- Introduction to M&E
- M&E frameworks and Indicators for Development
- Logical Models
- Statistics Refresher
Designing and Conducting Surveys
- Background of Surveys
- Developing Survey Instruments and Procedures
- Implementing Surveys
- Survey Interview Strategies
- Completion of Surveys
- Group exercise on developing survey instruments
- Group exercise and role plays on implementing surveys
- Role plays on opening, main interview and closing
- Sample Size, Sample Design, and the Power Calculations
Designing and carrying out Focus Group Discussions
- Uses of Focus Group Discussions
- Design issues
- Development of protocols
- Moderation techniques
- Data analysis techniques
- Preparation of reports
Baselines and impact assessment
- Establishing baseline data for your project
- Designing a baseline or impact assessment survey
Data Management and Processing for M&E
- The Meaning of Data Processing and Management
- Planning the Data Management Process
- Software tools for data processing and management
- Mobile Data Gathering (Open Data Kit)
- Preparing data for analysis
- Exercise on data gathering using mobile phones
- Exercise on data entry using CSPro software
- Transferring data to a Statistical Software for Analysis
- Exercise on Management with Excel
Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conceptual issues in M&E data Analysis
- Purpose of data analysis in M&E
- Analysis Planning
- Data Analysis packages mini workshop
- Introduction to STATA (Participant may opt for SPSS or R)
- Methods of data analysis in M&E using STATA (Participant may opt for SPSS or R)
Statistical methods for Monitoring and Impact Evaluation
- Trend Analysis
- Constructing Indices
Quantitative Impact Evaluation
- Evaluation problem
- Difference in Difference
- Propensity Score Matching
- Instrument variable method
- Regression method
Qualitative methods of Evaluation
- Fundamental of qualitative evaluation
- Qualitative sampling methods
- Quantitative data collection and analysis
- Interviewing methods
- Case study methods
- Mixed methods designs
- Ethical issues
- Communicating research findings
- communication and reporting for M&E
GIS & GPS Techniques in M&E (To be covered if time permits)
- Introduction to Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Introduction to GIS Software (Quantum GIS)
- Mobile GPS for Field work
- Mapping M&E Indicators with Quantum GIS
- Participatory Mapping and collective intelligence (Google Maps, Google Earth)
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Indepth Research Services (IRES) certificate.
KES 150,000 or US$ 2,000 Exclusive of V.A.T. The training fee covers tuition, training materials, refreshments and lunch.
The training is residential and will be held at The Sportsview Hotel, Kasarani. Applicants are highly encouraged to stay at the hotel where the training is held. The standard course fee is KES 150,000 or US$ 2,000. This covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the outreach manager.
Mob: +254 721 440 526, +254 715 077 817
HOW TO APPLY
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organisation. To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organisation, call our team on +254 721 440 526.
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
- Sportsview Hotel Kasarani
EventList powered by schlu.net