Around the World
They have faith in us
Have your say
Who's onlineWe have 14 guests online
Still countingContent View Hits : 220372
Data Analysis and Management
- Data Management and Analysis for Monitoring and Evaluation in Development Programmes
- 15.07.2013 - 19.07.2013
- Sportsview Hotel, Kasarani - Nairobi
- Data Management and Analysis
This course will equip participants from development programmes with the tools and knowledge to manage, analyse and interpret Monitoring and Evaluation data at the program and organization wide levels.
Participants will gain a better understanding on data processing, analysis & interpretation and its role in effective monitoring and evaluation as well as the ability to make it happen and also learn how to ensure the organization and its stakeholders develops on the results of its Monitoring and Evaluation system.
FOR WHOM IS THE TRAINING RELEVANT
Those responsible for project-level Monitoring and Evaluation, Senior managers, Project leaders, researchers in programmes working in sectors such as agriculture; climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene.
The training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic Statistics and M&E.
The class size is limited to 10 participants to ensure that each participants has the opportunity to interact with the facilitator. The training may be cancelled if there are less than five participants.
At the end of this training, participants should be able to:
- Understand both random and non-random sampling methods and their use in the M&E Context
- Establish a baseline and assess your project’s/program’s impact.
- Reconstruct baseline data for a project/program
- Understand the various Statistical method for monitoring and impact evaluation
- Competently use current data gathering technologies such as Social Media analytics and Mobile Data Gathering.
- Competently use data analysis software package (STATA).
- Use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and GPS to gather data, collaborate and share information.
- Communicate findings to stimulate learning and reflection.
Key concepts and Principles
- Introduction to M&E
- M&E frameworks and Indicators for Development
- Statistics Refresher
Data gathering in M&E
- Planning data gathering and Management
- Exploring tools for processing data
- Mobile Data Gathering (Open Data Kit)
- Social Media Analytics
- Data types and Sources
- Sampling designs
- Sample size determination
Baselines and impact assessment
- Establishing baseline data for your project
- Designing a baseline or impact assessment
- Reconstructing Baseline Data
Data Analysis for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conceptual issues in M&E data
- Data Analysis packages
- Introduction to STATA
- Methods of data analysis in M&E (STATA)
Statistical methods for Monitoring and Impact Evaluation
- Evaluation problem
- Trend Analysis
- Difference in Difference
- Propensity Score Matching
- Instrument variable method
- Regression method
GIS & GPS Techniques in M&E
- Introduction to Geographic Information System (GIS) and Mobile GPS
- Mapping with Qantum GIS
- Mapping collaboration and collective intelligence (Google Maps, Google Earth)
- Mobile GPS Field work
- GIS Mapping Exercise using QGIS
- Communicating research findings
- communication and reporting for M&E
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Indepth Research Services (IRES) certificate.
KES 65,000 or US$ 867 Exclusive of V.A.T. The training fee covers tuition, training materials, refreshments and lunch.
The training is residential, and will be held at Sportsview Hotel, Kasarani. Applicants are highly encouraged to stay at the hotel where the training is held.
The standard course fee is KES 65,000 or US$ 867. This covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the outreach manager.
Mob: +254 721 440 526, +254 715 077 817
HOW TO APPLY
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organisation. To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organisation, call our team on +254 721 440 526.
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
- Sportsview Hotel, Kasarani
EventList powered by schlu.net